Mazee is one today. Crazy. One year and 7 minutes ago she was born. I remember feeling so amazed by such a miracle, then the rush of overwhelming anxiety hit when I realized that Jake and I were now responsible for her. I'm so grateful I didn't have to do it all on my own. Thankfully, the anxiety subsided and I think Jake and I have done a pretty good job so far, with it's ups and downs of course. Having a child is an incredible thing as I'm sure you all would agree. I never knew I could experience such a myriad of feelings for such a little thing, ranging from frustration, to worry, to absolute joy, to such a fierce and protective love. It has been a whirlwind of a year, but we couldn't love Mazee more. She keeps us on our toes and are in awe everyday at the things she says, does, and learns. Jake and I are constantly asking ourselves, "How did we get so lucky?" I feel so blessed and so thankful to be her mama. We love you so much Mazee, Happy 1st Birthday!
So proud.
Mazee's first bath. (Yup, definitely tired eyes.)
4 comments :
HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! Time goes so fast when you are watching your baby grow! it's a bittersweet feeling!
Happy Birthday Mazee!!! She is the cutest girl. We are so happy she is our niece and cousin. And what a cute mama she has! :) I can't believe it's been a year!!
Happy Birthday Mazee!
Hey Melissa, I saw your cute little girl on GTU! Happy Birthday!(this is Jenny Mayo)
Post a Comment