Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Pageant

Kathryn competed in the Miss pageant this last weekend, and let's cut right to the chase, she didn't place. Now, I know I'm her sister, so naturally I'm a little biased, but c'mon, those judges had to have been deaf and dumb. Between Kathryn and our cousin Samantha, who also competed, they stole the whole show and it ended up neither placed. If you were there you would agree that the results were seriously wrong. They both had flawless piano performances and looked great in their swimsuits.

Sadly, I didn't get any of it recorded because I was so into the whole thing and so nervous I couldn't hold the camera still. So I only pulled my camera out at the end. Kathryn was absolutely awesome though and I was so, so proud of her. She had such a good attitude, even in the months preceding when everybody had a different opinion on how she should do her hair, what she should wear, and even how she should stick her swimsuit to her bum so she didn't get a wedgie when she walked. Now that's a good sport! Although, she did get a little testy on Friday when I was helping her pick out the make-up. She was a lot better than I would have ever been.




My mom, Kathryn, and I had many talks the weeks before and just talked about how important it was for Kathryn to be herself and do her best, and if she doesn't win then atleast she could just feel good about how she performed. And that's exactly what Kathryn did. Her piano piece was amazing, she was gorgeous and nothing was made up or fake about her. I had the worst attitude because the results were just so WRONG! I had a lot more to say than that, but I'll keep it to myself. (I really am coping just fine, I swear.)

Anyway, it was so fun to watch and to see Kathryn do so well. She's a good example to me. We're SO proud of you and love you Kat!


(The girl on the right was 1st attendant last year and got it again this year. AND the girl who got 2nd attendant (not in the pic) has apparently been in a TON of pageants and finally won something.)
Do I sound bitter? Oh well. I get really defensive when it comes to my family.

1 comment :

Rachelle said...

I just have to tell you my parents said Kathryn was the most naturally beautiful there and her performance truly was flawless. They were also surprised she didn't win, or at least place in the top three. Tell her congrats anyway. I'm sure she was perfect.