Monday, April 14, 2008

Two Weeks Notice

I did it. I gave my two weeks notice on Friday. I was so nervous. My manager was so nice about it, but honestly what could she do, fire me? So I have two shifts left and then I just get to stay home and work on becoming a better wife and mom. How great is that? I think Mazee's going to get really sick of me. Anyway, Jake is loving his new job and all the perks that come with it. Whenever we go anywhere now he wants to take his new truck, but it's so dirty. What can I expect though, he works with asphalt. Needless to say, we're feeling very blessed.

9 comments :

Jessica said...

That is so cool melissa! I love staying home with landon. It is such a blessing to be able to do so and you have such a unreal degree you could go back and work anytime if you wanted to!!

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Mel that is so exciting! You are going to love it. It does make you feel like you need an out sometimes. Which work gave you, but being home raising Mazee is so much more worth it! Yeah now we can do play dates. Lets plan one soon now that mother natures is giving us little bit of spring! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Yeah for you, Mel!

BiLlY, sAm, AnD bOyS!!! said...

congrats- but you were good at what you did! You were the best with our two babies! I'm sure they will miss you! and congrats on jake's new job!

ricksdl said...

Melissa, I was so excited to hear from you! I didn't know you and Jake had a baby! Mazee is beautiful. To answer your question, Danny teaches seminary in Arizona so that is why we are living here. We love it! I also love reading your blog - it's so great to hear about what you two are doing!

Mandy said...

Yeah full time mommy! I love working but honestly, I can't wait to do the stay home mommy thing. Hopefully I will be around when I do so we could hang out. Congrats to Jake! We've got a LONG way to go before that day comes! I am glad he's done with school! Way to go! Oh, yeah we totally could set up your sis with Clay! They don't come better than that boy! He is such a stud!

Carly said...

Congrats! Staying home all day is the BEST!!! You will love it. My problem is I just spend to much money that I don't have. And I keep starting more and more projects. Have fun! :)

Chalan said...

Mel, love your blog- I didn't know you had one! I just started one still doing work on it. Now I'm excited to check yours. Mazee is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That must be so exciting for you. What a blessing for your family.