Friday, June 13, 2008

Lifeline

20 Years Ago...
1. I had as much hair as when I was born, then my mom permed it. That = Afro! (I will never do that to Mazee!)
2. Jana Bird moved into the neighborhood, was my best friend, and we rode my pink banana bike around
3. I started taking dance lessons from Vickie Jones

10 Years Ago...
1. I had braces and the worst headgear imaginable.
2. I was on the junior high student council.
3. I pierced my belly button, my mom found out, and I'm still lucky to be alive today.

5 Years Ago...
1. I finished my pre-requisites at BYU-Idaho
2. Started nursing school at CEU
3. Was working at Hearthstone Manor, an assisted living center, where everyone set me up with their son or grandson

3 Years Ago...
1. I worked at the State Mental Hospital for 6 months, which was WAY too long!
2. Jake took me to the Kenny Chesney concert and confessed his love for me
3. I started working in the Newborn ICU the same week Jake proposed

1 Year Ago...
1. I was 5 months pregnant
2. We bought our house and remodeled EVERYTHING inside, I will never do that again
3. Jake & his brother Kade reunited after not seeing each other for 4 years because of their missions

So far this year...
1. Jake graduated and started his new job
2. I have absolutely loved being a housewife and mom
3. We have only gone boating once because it's been freezing cold! And it's JUNE!

Yesterday I...
1. Did some swimsuit shopping for all three of us
2. Went to the Parade of Homes with my mom and Mazee
3. Had an Art City Days scone! YUM!

Today I...
1. Watched the Art City Days hot air balloons with Mazee
2. Went on a walk with Mazee
3. Cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned! There's nothing like a clean house!

Tomorrow I...
1. Will go to the Art City Days parade. (If you can't tell, Art City Days is a major holiday in Springville.)
2. Have a BBQ.
3. Watch the fireworks

In the next year...
1. We'll go to Lake Powell
2. We'll go on an insanely relaxing vacation to somewhere warm and caribbeanish
3. I will possibly get a new couch set and new blinds and a new car and a new bedroom set and a sewing machine. I could settle for just a couch set though.

1 comment :

Chalan said...

It's good to look back- it makes you realize how much you've accomplished, how fast time goes, and to enjoy where you are at right now. Hope you get your furniture though. :)