I'll leave the following to your imagination instead.... Due to my daughter's lack of hair, I always make sure she has either a bow glued to her head (by "glued" I mean stuck on with KY) or a headband on, so there is no gender confusion. Well, last week I put the bow in Mazee's hair and laid her down for her morning nap. Two hours later when she awoke, I picked her up out of her crib, and found the bow missing. I wasn't too worried about the bow and figured it would show up later in her blanket or stuck to her clothes. I had forgotten about the bow until two days later when changing her diaper. Yes, what you're assuming right now is exactly right. As I pulled the diaper open to see what surprises Mazee had left, I noticed a little stringy thing and thought, "What the heck was that?! She couldn't have worms, could she?" I quickly strapped on the new diaper and went back to the old to exam, as nurses are taught to do, or maybe I'm just that sick. Well, lo and behold, it was Mazee's bow that was not so much a bow anymore, just straight ribbon. I laughed and laughed, called Jake to tell him, considered taking a picture for proof and decided people would think I was WAY too crude, and then laughed some more. And now I'm wishing I had the picture.
On another note, I have had this weird thing on my uvula. UVULA = hangy thing in the back of your throat FYI. It started last Saturday morning but didn't seem too bad, then Sunday morning I woke up with a uvula 3 times the regular size! It was disgusting and making me gag and it hurt to swallow. I had about 5 white spots that have now combined into one huge one and about three little ones. I haven't had any other symptoms really, other than some unusual fatigue. I have no idea what it is and have been freaking myself out thinking, "What if a parasite got in my mouth when we went to Utah Lake on Saturday?" We all know how dirty Utah Lake is. Or "What if a spider crawled in my mouth and buried itself inside?" I have had the hardest time eating because anything I swallow scratches the sores, Uggggghhhh! I experienced sweet relief today when I was finally able to eat some pizza for lunch and only had a little bit of burning. Maybe the end of this crap is in sight!
Sorry no pictures of my fascinating discoveries!
2 comments :
Wow! It is too bad you didn't take pictures! That is so funny! Mazee ate her bow...classic. There's a story you will be sharing for the rest of her life. How funny. I am super excited to see you and mazee at the shower! It is just three week's away. I can't believe it's almost here! I'm so excited! See you soon!
I guess I'm really crude because I always take pictures of poop disasters! I have never had one quite like that though. I'm a mom of a total girly girl and I just have to laugh because I know the importance of bows. :) Great story!
Post a Comment