Monday, August 25, 2008

Grateful

My friends and I went and stayed up in Park City overnight. We hit the great deals at the outlets, ate at Ruby Tuesday's, and talked and laughed ALL NIGHT LONG! I'm grateful to have such good friends. Most of us grew up in the same neighborhood since we were 4 or 5 years old, so we really know and understand each other well. We've been through A LOT together and have thousands of memories, it's so rejuvenating to have those hour long talks. They make me want to be a better wife and mother. This was only the third time Jake and I have been apart since we got married and the first time I've left Mazee for that long. I love them with all my heart, but it was such a nice break, if even just for one night. I'm so grateful Jake is such a good dad and takes such good care of Mazee, I didn't even have to worry at all. Anyway, I'm just feeling really GRATEFUL and BLESSED today! Sorry so sappy. Here's some pics of our outing.


Yup... we're dorks.

And this was just one of the cute finds from the outlets. I love Old Navy jammies! Mazee's so excited.


4 comments :

Chalan said...

Mel, I am so jealous!! That sounds like so much fun! That's awesome you still get together with your friends! Also, what a sweet husband. Tell Jake I'm impressed with the roses. Was that just out of the blue?

Chelsie said...

You girls are so cute. i love you guys!! And what a great husband for being a trooper. Now he knows how much you do. :)

Jilly said...

You guys look so cute! I bet you had a blast! Park City is always a great get-a-way! I'm glad you girls had fun!

Dana P said...

That sounds like so much fun! I think spending time with the girl's is so important, but shopping with them is even better!! :)